Visit a monkey in the tree of his life
He doesn't eat the fruit before it is ripe
When the sugar turns to alcohol
He shares his crop with one and all

The alcoholic tangerines are free
The alcoholic tangerines for you
The alcoholic tangerines for me

Monday, December 20, 2010

Aquarium (from '01)

Today as I watched my fish
Swim to the borders of their little universe
And feed on the manna
Which I sprinkled to them from Heaven
I could not help but complete the analogy

Them with their rocks and plants and bubblers
Carried away with their social pecking orders
Day and night they perform their routines
Unable to sense or to comprehend
The vast teeming reality that lies beyond them

I get so tired of this scenery
Little plastic cars
Little plastic phones
I stare out from inside
My glass partitioned space

Once with my minds eye
I swam up to the glass of my existence
My little fish eye pressed against
The smooth limit of my senses

I did not hold a candle
To that dark outer room

No comments: