Visit a monkey in the tree of his life
He doesn't eat the fruit before it is ripe
When the sugar turns to alcohol
He shares his crop with one and all

The alcoholic tangerines are free
The alcoholic tangerines for you
The alcoholic tangerines for me

Friday, February 11, 2011

Turkey Breast Pot Roast (unh!)

Ever see those packaged turkey breasts on the bone in the grocery store?
Here's what you can do!

1 packaged turkey breast (on the bone, on sale, about 6 pounds)
Chopped veggies-- Onion, Carrot, Turnip*, Garlic

Here's the Rub:

1/4 cup peanut oil (you might use olive oil)
1 tsp. Rosemary
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. rubbed sage
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. course ground black pepper
2 tbsp parsley

Directions: Peel the veggies. Chop them into large pieces. Put them in bottom of crock pot. Use as many as will fit in your crock pot w/ the turkey. Combine all rub ingredients. Place turkey breast in crock pot. Brush rub evenly on all exposed surfaces. Cook on high for 4 hours (350 degrees). I served it with a side of mashed turnips. Instead of gravy, I used the drippings--but you could make gravy from the drippings.

*you could use rutabaga instead of turnips

My mom said this was the best meal she has had in years. I couldn't believe how good it was. Very economical and nutritious. It has really increased my confidence in the kitchen. I'm getting down right cocky in the kitchen. Some people just don't have it going on in the kitchen like I do.

No comments: